Monday 30 March 2015

Eichner’s Eye: My 50th Birthday Bash

WWD photographer Steve Eichner lives to tell the tales from his 50th birthday party and after party. 42 West Club, New York 6:36 p.m.: Latex pants, harness and bullwhip. I’m channeling my inner Peter Marino as I get dressed for my 50th birthday party. The theme? “50 Shades of Steve.” 6:47 p.m.: Whips and chains over there by the photo booth? Check. Guest list? Check. Agency photographers are in place on the red carpet, let’s get some music going, 13 minutes until doors open. I scream, running around frantically making sure everything is set: “Where are the go-go dancers?” 6:49 p.m.: I run down to the dressing room and give the dancers their instructions for the evening. Notice a cool shot of my reflection in the mirror with the dancers preparing. Click, click. 7:00 p.m.: “The doors are open. Let the games begin!” 7:07 p.m.: “Sorry I’m a bit late.” My DJ NappyG arrives. I run him up to the booth. 7:37 p.m.: I do an impromptu photo shoot of my girlfriend Josie on a black shiny wall. A crowd gathers around to watch. Red latex minidress, red wig, red thigh-high boots, all tied together with red rope. “50 shades of red,” I giggle as I snap

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.


Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment